Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JPacella312
Helper I
Helper I

External Pro License Users Suddenly Cannot Access Shared Content

Many of our external customers are reporting that they can't view reports we have shared with them, and they were able to access previously with no problem.  Reports started to come in Monday and as more and more of our customers attempt to access their reports, are reporting that they cannot.  They view the link that lists the content but nothing happens when they select an object (click on a report)

And because of the convulated nature of external sharing,  it's making our organization look incompenent in trying to diagnose and troubleshoot the problem.  Especially because it's near impossible to mimick the customer experience without us creating an entirely new external tenent.

Plus some of these customers have been granted permission to build thier own reports from datasets, and we have no idea what will happen to these things if something goes wrong.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JPacella312 ,

1. Please refresh the web page and try to click the content again.

Sometimes I encounter a situation where one click is useless and needs to be clicked again to be effective.

2. Please check if the customers are in India West region.

If they are, they may experience issues accessing Power BI. Engineers are investigating the issue and an update will be provided soon.

3. For externally shared content, Power BI Pro customers trying to access it from a different Tenant may encounter a message asking to “Upgrade to Power BI Pro”. Engineers have identified the root cause and ETA for a fix is end-of-day 06/07/2020.

Reference: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

support.PNG

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JPacella312 ,

1. Please refresh the web page and try to click the content again.

Sometimes I encounter a situation where one click is useless and needs to be clicked again to be effective.

2. Please check if the customers are in India West region.

If they are, they may experience issues accessing Power BI. Engineers are investigating the issue and an update will be provided soon.

3. For externally shared content, Power BI Pro customers trying to access it from a different Tenant may encounter a message asking to “Upgrade to Power BI Pro”. Engineers have identified the root cause and ETA for a fix is end-of-day 06/07/2020.

Reference: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

support.PNG

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Our issue was related to the notice put on the health page.  So it's been fixed now.

I'm a bit mystified why this outage wasn't given a more prominent health advisory notice.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors