Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Exporting to PowerPoint / PDF every option from a report slicer

I have a new requirement that the Reports need to be printed out for use at meetings

One report is lots of basic visuals by Service.

Obviously in power BI you would create a service Slicer and allow the user to interactively slice the service they wish to see. But now each one needs to be added as a page in the report.

I know Power BI Can't do this and if I had to do this in power BI I would have to hardcode every single service to a page. Nightmare and I really really don't want to do that.

Is there any option to do it in Report Builder?

The ideal solution would be to set up Automation of exporting out a Powerpoint slide pack of PDF for each work package.

In Oracle BI Publisher. They have Bursting which does this so Im looking for the equivilant?

Bursting is a process of splitting data into blocks, generating documents for each block, and delivering the documents to one or more destinations. The data for the report is generated by executing a query once and then splitting the data based on a "Key" value.

Has anyone else got any work around ideas for this?

2 REPLIES 2
KiranHosakote
Helper V
Helper V

@DebbieE 

There is no out-of-box report bursting solution for Power BI Pro users. Several third-party tools offer different ways to do this. 

Take a look at BI Helper https://bihelper.tech. You only need a Power BI Pro license to burst your reports, and there is no restriction on end-users being outside your domain (vendors, clients).

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkiUC-jR67s Thanks Guy in a cube

I just need to igure out how to change this so it goes into a sharepoint folder as a file instead of being emailed out

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors