Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export to File for Power BI reports flow using Bookmarks

I know that earlier in 2020, it wasn't yet possible to use this Flow action and specify a bookmarked view to export, but sometime in late 2020 it seems like this feature may have become active (it no longer said it wasn't supported yet in the Bookmark field).    If it is possible, I'm having trouble getting it to work -- what should I put in the Bookmark Name and Bookmark State fields?   Is anything else required?

More info:  I'm creating in Desktop and publishing to a premium workspace.   I've made the bookmarks in Desktop and they do show up and work online as Report Bookmarks.  The export to PDF will only export the last-saved state of the report even if I put a bookmark name in the Bookmark Name field.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Put the bookmark GUID in the "Bookmark Name" field,  not the label that you assigned to the bookmark.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I think there's a difference between a report bookmark and a page bookmark.  It may not be fully implemented yet though, and you will get the page that the bookmark was for.  This stuff still seems to be in development.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I've proven that my computer will do precisely what I tell it to do.   At some point, I changed a filter, which broke my bookmarks.  Garbage in = Garbage out.  I thought 2021 was supposed to be getting better!  

Everything works now.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Yes, and that works for me when I test it.

Have you made sure to republish the app after you added the bookmark?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  Still having the same issue though.   I've tried a bunch of different things in the Bookmark Name field from the whole URL to just part of the GUID.   The result is always that just the last-saved version of the Report is exported, not the bookmarked version.

This is the GUID from the URL that I assume should work.

Bookmark8c4fbca7a28535df5f57

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Put the bookmark GUID in the "Bookmark Name" field,  not the label that you assigned to the bookmark.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick followup -- I've got a 7 page report and the exported PDF comes out as just 7 copies of the first page only.   I've tried to use the page sections below where you can add the ReportSectionGUID and BookmarkGUID.   No luck -- different attempts always end up with 7 of the first page.    Any advice or where to find good instructions -- Microsoft support pages are cryptic.

Add BookmakGUID to 'Pages Bookmark Name'. OR
You can add the Bookmark along with the pagename to 'Pages pageName - 1' section like the following:

{
"pageName": "ReportSectionGUID",
"bookmark/name": "BookmarkGUID"
}

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors