Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export to Excel/CSV is not enough data

Hi everyone,

I tried to export data from visual table to excel on PBI Service, but when I opened this file, it does not contain full data as displayed on PBI.

For example, data on PBI Service has 1,000 rows but the downloaded file only has about 998 rows. And I dont know how I can fix this.

I also tried to use "Underlying export data" and don''t use any aggregate calculations.

Please help me get out of this stuck. Thanks so much!

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I found a similar thread  in the course of my investigation, please check if your problem is caused by
1. The maximum number of rows that can be exported is 10,000.
2. If the visual objects are filtered, then the downloaded data will also be filtered. Make sure you are not applying filtering conditions.
3. Check to see if authentication or security is set for the data source you are trying to export from. Right-click or check the authentication of the data source, then uncheck any credentials required to load from the data source.
4. Check for duplicate rows.
5. Check to see if you are using many-to-many relationships.

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you figure out which 2 rows are missing? Is there anything specific like filter applied or conditional formatting done for these 2 rows?

Also, please try to open the report in incognito mode and then export. This is to avoid any interference from browser cache.  

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors