Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

pipe07
Frequent Visitor

Export data in a report published on the web?

Hi everyone,

I have a report published on the web that I shared with some colleagues through a URL. I need those people to be able to not only visualize the report, but also extract the data I built each visual object with (these people don't have access to the PowerBI desktop file because they don't know how to use this program).

On the other hand, I would also like to know if those people could copy the visual objects from that web report to paste them into a Word, or if the only option in this case would be to take a screenshot of the screen and extract the required visual object from the report.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Andrew O.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @pipe07 ,

Yes, the option "Copy visual" and "Export data" are active in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service. And they also need some prerequisites if you want these two features to work properly. You can review the following documentations for full details.

Export the data that was used to create a visualization

Copy and paste a report visualization

In addition, The publish to web feature has some limitations, including this one: exporting data from visuals in a report isn't currently supported with Publish to web. You can check this official documentation for more details.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Helper II
Helper II

When you hover over the visual you will see the three dots icon pop up, click it and choose export data. This only allows you to export so many rows of data, so if the data set represented is too large it will not work..

10500438_0-1594580561078.png

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use the Export data dialog on your visual for the first part, and the new "Copy visual"  function for the second part.

Thank you very much for your answer. I hadn't identified the visual copy option. However, I still have one question. The "copy visual" and "export data" options are only active in the desktop version and in PowerBI service (app.powerbi.com), but not in the report I publish on the web (through a URL), is this normal?

Hi @pipe07 ,

Yes, the option "Copy visual" and "Export data" are active in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service. And they also need some prerequisites if you want these two features to work properly. You can review the following documentations for full details.

Export the data that was used to create a visualization

Copy and paste a report visualization

In addition, The publish to web feature has some limitations, including this one: exporting data from visuals in a report isn't currently supported with Publish to web. You can check this official documentation for more details.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

You may have turned the ability to export data off when you created the workspace, check under the workspace settings to determine if you toggle it off accidentally. It is a security feature that will allow you to disable the export of the data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.