Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

eloomis
Advocate II
Advocate II

Export CSV data from a visual with separated underlying model

I am struggling to understand how I can export to excel the exact data showing in a table visual from the powerbi service. I am able to use the Analyze in Excel button on the Semantic Model itself and view all the data. But I have a separate report with visuals which I want to be able to export the data from. When I try to use Analyze in Excel on the report, it returns a blank csv. 

It looks like there is also an export to .csv option for visuals that have been added to a dashboard, is this not an option from the report itself (in an app for example)? And when I click the button it again downloads an empty csv.

Ultimately what I want is for a report user to be able to download the data from a selected visual only (not the entire model) and look at it in excel. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use "Excel with live connection".  That will run the same DAX query as the one that is used to render the visual.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use "Excel with live connection".  That will run the same DAX query as the one that is used to render the visual.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors