Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rainerpowerbi
Resolver I
Resolver I

Excelexport: Problem by date-fields

Hi,

I think there is a bug in an option of the excel-export.

Example:
- I work in Germany with german date/time-settings

The Report-column(as the SQL-Table) contains following field: (1. February 2022)

rainerpowerbi_0-1646919840418.png

If I export this with the following option (data with present layout) within Excel I see following value:

rainerpowerbi_1-1646919899108.png

EXCEL: wrong !

rainerpowerbi_2-1646919965015.png

I could format this column within Excel so that the value would be correct but this no option for the end-user.

-----------------

If I export this with the following option I get within Excel the correct value:

rainerpowerbi_3-1646920037289.png

EXCEL: correct !

rainerpowerbi_4-1646920071006.png

Is it a bug ? Is there a further solution ?

The new Export with layout is very well but the values in Excel have to be correct without further formattings by the end-user.

Please help.

Kind regards

Rainer

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @rainerpowerbi 

For all the visuals in PBI we need to choose “Summarized data” option instead of “Data with current layout”.

The summarized data will give you the formatted output with all the columns as is. However the data with current layout will export the underlined data and especially with the table visuals with date it mess up.

There are Export data options available, depending on your need you need to choose one of them. 

vzhangti_0-1647244733660.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Charlotte,

I tested your hint:

rainerpowerbi_0-1647254307027.png

rainerpowerbi_1-1647254394640.png

But...the bug is still there:
The shown value is still 1.2.22 instead of 1.2.22

WRONG:

rainerpowerbi_2-1647254460151.png

The  new LAYOUT-EXPORT-OPTION is normally very good especially for MATRIX-Export.

I think the reason could be the German-settings in Excel but I think that a few weeks ago this problem did not exist.

Kind regards

Rainer

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors