Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

RajK2
Helper I
Helper I

Excel visible in power bi

Dear Team

We’ve prepared in excel for pivot table, bar charts based on multiple datasets so can we insert/embedded specific table and bar charts in Power BI and Edit.

I don’t want to load dataset and create in Power BI visualization.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
SaiTejaTalasila
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

Currently what ever you are expecting is not possible.

v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GilbertQ ,thanks for the quick reply, I'll add further.

Hi @RajK2 ,

You can pin pivot tables to dashboards , but bars don't seem to be supported. Power BI Service cannot edit Excel directly if you use this method.You can select edit from the workbooks tab of your workspace. Then choose to edit your workbook in Excel Online or open it in Excel on your computer.

Details can be found in the following article:

How to pin a tile to a Power BI dashboard from Excel - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Thanks for you reply.

I’ve uploaded excel workbook in Power BI then open, select specific excel range and click on Pin in Power BI so I can able create dashboard then I’m trying to update app this dashboard in my existing workspace App List as this dashboard get added as no visible – empty content list showing here.

I don’t want to upload the file and create visualization. How we can see in my workspace list ? Is it Type of dashboard that what not updating in workspace.

Capture5.PNG

I've followed the below link steps then how to publish in my workspace.. i tried to update my app adding this dashboard content and its get added as not visible any data.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-dashboard-pin-tile-from-excel

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @RajK2 

As far as I'm aware, this is currently not possible You can only do this with Excel connected to a semantic model in the Power BI Service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors