Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

erantdo
Frequent Visitor

Everything works great on PBI Desktop, scheduled refresh shows 3 different errors

It's unbelievable.

Everything works great in PBI Desktop, when I try to Refresh Now in the service I get 3 different errors, within 15 mins of attempts.

Errors:

1. Column 'DateMonth' in Table 'DateTable' contains blank values and this is not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship or for columns that are used as the primary key of a table. - I removed Empty values from the column even though there weren't any blank values.

2. The specified culture is not supported.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface.

3. MySQL: We were unable to find a database provider with invariant name 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient'. This error could've been the result of provider-specific client software being required, but missing on this computer. To download client software for this provider, visit the following site and choose the 64-bit (x64) version of, at minimum, 'MySQL Connector/Net': https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=278885  - Everything is installed obvioudsly. MySQL connector 6.6.9.

Again: Everything works great in PBI Desktop but I can't keep doing manual refreshes then publishes.

P.S - I'm using both personal and enterprise gateways (latest versions) - this dataset only uses personal gateway, as the enterprise in not shown in the options (even though I added this MySQL datasource in Manage Gateways).

Can anyone help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
erantdo
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know how the issue was fixed.

First, it was due to Regional Settings. Turns out that me running win10, that has "extra" options is problematic because the power bi service runs on win8.

So... the steps:

1. Clear the cache in Power Bi Desktop: File -> Options and Settings -> Options -> Clear Cache (under GLOBAL -> Data Load, not to be confused with CURRENT FILE -> Data Load).

2. Change Regional Settings to something that will keep the dates like you want, but no "funny" languages (for me, Hebrew probably messed up everything so I went with en-UK). It's under CURRENT FILE -> Regional Settings

3. Delete the file from the Power BI service, and republish it.

(if that doesn't work, save as new name and then publish)

Hope this helps!

Eran

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
erantdo
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know how the issue was fixed.

First, it was due to Regional Settings. Turns out that me running win10, that has "extra" options is problematic because the power bi service runs on win8.

So... the steps:

1. Clear the cache in Power Bi Desktop: File -> Options and Settings -> Options -> Clear Cache (under GLOBAL -> Data Load, not to be confused with CURRENT FILE -> Data Load).

2. Change Regional Settings to something that will keep the dates like you want, but no "funny" languages (for me, Hebrew probably messed up everything so I went with en-UK). It's under CURRENT FILE -> Regional Settings

3. Delete the file from the Power BI service, and republish it.

(if that doesn't work, save as new name and then publish)

Hope this helps!

Eran

csabil
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have the same simptoms, however I haven't seen the 3rd error message yet. 

I'm only connecting to online datasources (SharePoint in the cloud, or public online source)

Everything is fine in PowerBI Desktop.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @erantdo

It would appear to me that there might be a potential issue with the Personal Gateway.

When you do install the Gateway, one of the steps it does ask you if you want to install it as an On-Premise Gateway or Personal Gateway as shown below.

This can also be found here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem/

I would suggest trying to install the On-Premise gateway and see if that works?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi,

Trust me, I tried everything, including installing gateways on different stations... 😞

Hi @erantdo,

If you install the On-premises data gateway, you need to the account used to sigh in the Power BI service also have verification in gateway. For your issue, I can't reproduce it, you can create support ticket, so that the product team can analysis your data, you will get professional support in the bottom part here.

Thanks,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors