Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joaogalhardo
Regular Visitor

Error while reading 'definition.pbidataset'

Earlier today I made a change in a Power BI Report  and "definition.pbidataset" file was replaced by "definition.pbism" for that report. I use git integration and when I pulled the change to the workspace, I've got the following issue:

Cluster URI https://wabi-brazil-south-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Solicitar ID 56dce1d6-8ef5-7f38-4aae-a41671fbc068

Código de erro de carga de trabalho Workload_FailedToParseFile

Mensagem de erro de carga de trabalho Error while reading 'definition.pbidataset'. DatasetDefinition: Required artifact is missing.

Hora Tue Mar 26 2024 15:23:21 GMT-0300 (Horário Padrão de Brasília)

Does anyone know how to solve that ? Already tried to remove "pbism" and bring back "pbidataset" but it didn't work

9 REPLIES 9
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joaogalhardo ,
I noticed that @EvanSkam  replied that this issue has been resolved and you can go ahead and try to see if this issue has been resolved.

Best regards,

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

deborah06
Regular Visitor

I committed the artifact updates and now it is synchronized

I was able to re-sync this morning without issue. Seems like the issues of yesterday have been fixed. I did have to merge/override my semantic model, which is not something that has been necessary up until this morning.

Having rehersed it a couple of time, it seems to be stable again.

joaogalhardo
Regular Visitor

Update:

When I entered power bi service this morning, all my reports are "uncommited" and when I try to sync with git I'm getting this error for a random report:

Workload Error Code PowerBIMetadataArtifactDisplayNameInUseException

aqui tá o mesmo problema

EvanSkam
Frequent Visitor

Just wanted to say that I'm experiencing the same issue.

I didn't see any version release or change when I checked online or the Microsoft App.

My PBI desktop is Version: 2.127.1080.0 64-bit (March 2024)

When I restarted PBI desktop, opened my model, saved, and did git status, I had new untracked files including:
*.Report/.platform
*.Report/semanticModelDiagramLayout.json

My only theory at the moment is there are updates occuring in the background that have broken something.

I haven't deviated from my PBI/git workflow that has been stable for the last month.

deborah06
Regular Visitor

Same error here, were you able to resolve it? With the new update files, it no longer synchronizes and gives a reading error

Ainda não, estava até agora em contato com o suporte da microsoft e não conseguiram resolver, vão ter que escalar.

Vamos nos atualizando em caso de novidades

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors