Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Yogesh_NMH
Helper I
Helper I

Error updating dataset

Hi everyone,

My Power BI Pro license has recently been upgraded to the Premium Per User license and I have been experimenting with larger datasets lately (historical data of last 6-7 years, which is over 3Gb).

When I published from Power BI Desktop, it said everything OK. However when I go to the Power BI Workspace, I get the following error message:

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Microsoft SQL: Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Class","detail":{"type":1,"value":"11"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"SQL"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"nmh-dwh01;MKT_DM"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2146232060"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Number","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}
Cluster URI: WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: d144dbba-4095-4f55-9b27-607a9a98ce11
Request ID: 162845ab-209d-4353-8a66-f029088db6a7
Time: 2022-11-19 13:24:15Z

I have implemented an Incremental Refresh on the Last Business Date, so logically, only the Day -1 should be uploaded, right? Can't seem to understand why there is a Time Out. The table I am refreshing has an index on the Last Business Date. Querying that table in SQL Server Management Studio returns records very fast.

Grateful if you could please advise on the above at your earliest convenience.

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation; I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Yogesh

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

is the error transient or is it reproducible?  What is the default timeout on your SQL server source?  120 minutes?

The hard timeout on the Power BI service is 600 minutes.  To work around it please read

Troubleshoot incremental refresh and real-time data in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors