Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error during scheduled dataset refresh from SharePoint: The user account is disabled

I have developed a Power BI dataset that refreshes nightly by importing from an Excel file that is hosted on SharePoint and it works perfectly.

However, whenever my organizational email account expires (which happens from time to time), the dataset refresh stops working and get the error below ("The user account is disabled."). 

An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.
Refresh failed:

XXXX_dataset_xxx has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

{"error":{"code":"DMTS_OAuthTokenRefreshFailedError","pbi.error":{"code":"DMTS_OAuthTokenRefreshFailedError","parameters":{"ConnectionDetails":"{\"kind\":\"SharePoint\",\"path\":\"https://xxxxx.sharepoint.com/teams/XXXX-XXXXXXX\"}","CredentialType":"OAuth2","DatasourceType":"SharePointList"},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AADSTS50057: The user account is disabled.\r\nTrace ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\r\nCorrelation ID:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\r\nTimestamp: 2022-04-06 01:00:04Z"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AADSTS50057: The user account is disabled.\r\nTrace ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\r\nCorrelation ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\r\nTimestamp: 2022-04-06 01:00:04Z"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2146233088"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: ref_year.

Next refresh for XXXX-XXXXX_dataset_xxx is scheduled for April 7, 2022 1:00 UTC.

So I would like to configure the connection from the Power BI service to SharePoint such that it will not break when my organizational account expires. How can I configure the connection? 

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

use a non-expiring user account instead? A supplemental account or a service principal?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @lbendlin 

I have confirmed with the organization that this is their best practices as well.

Take care!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lbendlin 

Yes that would be a solid solution. I was hoping for a solution that does not rely on another account that I don't control.

But if that is a best practice and/or the only viable solution I will (have to) accept that.

Would you feel comfortable confirming that this is "how it's normally done"?

There are many different versions of"normal". In our tenant we use OAUTH2 which occasionally requires re-auth, but that's unrelated to user account enabling.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

use a non-expiring user account instead? A supplemental account or a service principal?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors