Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Olly
Frequent Visitor

Error creating content pack

I'm getting an error when trying to create a content pack (my first attempt):

Oops, something went wrong.
Failed to publish Organizational Apps
Activity Id270e0747-5d9e-4560-a148-eb3b65c4a715
Request Idf8e1777b-d208-e372-8223-9595f431704e
Status Code400
TimeTue Jul 28 2015 20:23:40 GMT+0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
Version11.0.9167.449
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Am I doing something wrong? I chose 'Specific groups', entered a couple of email addresses, added a title and description, selected a dashboard (and corresponding reports / datasets) and hit publish.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
meysun
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Are you trying to publish content pack as a Power BI Pro user or using a Free account?.  For Pro account, it should work fine.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
tommy_g
Helper V
Helper V

I am also receiving the same error when attempting to publish a content pack.

I am a "pro" user, but based on the O.P. action, have explicitly logged out and re-logged.

Same error. Repeateable today.

content_pack_error.JPG

(adding to my problem report)

I have succeeded in creating several Content Packs, but continue to have unexplained failures for other attempts.

(1) "pro" status is confirmed and not an issue

(2) if have not yet been able to determine the relevant failure-modes at this time, looking for suggestions.

@tommy_g Are you using any custom visuals? I believe those still do not work in Content Packs.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Eno,

I think you have nailed it, I removed an offending report page and my Content Pack was created properly.

I had been getting annoyed at all the warnings in PBI Desktop, now I know they are dropping a very strong hint to stay away.

BTW, on a completely different topic, just finished watching an unauthorized documentary "Eno, Brian - 1971-1977: The Man Who Fell To Earth"

Missed you by one year!

@tommy_g LOL. nice. I just stuck with my old handle that I created a long time ago. It's actually short for Enophile (or Oenophile) - "One who appreciates and enjoys wine" a throw back from my days in fine dining service. 🙂

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
meysun
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Are you trying to publish content pack as a Power BI Pro user or using a Free account?.  For Pro account, it should work fine.

Olly
Frequent Visitor

Thanks. My account was showing 'Pro' (not sure how, as it was only ever set up as a Free account) - on signing out and back in, I received a prompt for a free Pro trial, which I have signed up for, and now I can create a content pack. Thanks for the help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors