Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lukaszmastalerz

Error connecting Emissions Impact Dashboard to Azure

Hi All,

I'm trying to connect Power BI's Emissions Impact Dashboard to my Azure Subscription, unfortunately each time I'm trying to refresh the data it fails.
Errors look like this:

Processing error: The credentials provided for the Web source are invalid. (Source at https://gw.us-il301.gateway.prod.island.powerapps.com/customerenrollmentservice/emissiondata/f57e937f-74bc-4003-9aa3-3d99d0ee123x/ReferenceData%2FDimAvoidedEmissionsFactor.)
Cluster URI: WABI-SWITZERLAND-NORTH-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 6851a87d-36f8-12b7-0933-963b49e576e4
Request ID: 203fb744-208b-2daf-87cb-746f168a7320
Time: 2021-10-07 07:23:00Z

Actual object differs, so I'm getting for example:
https://gw.us-il301.gateway.prod.island.powerapps.com/customerenrollmentservice/emissiondata/f57e937...DimAvoidedEmissionsFactor
or
https://gw.us-il301.gateway.prod.island.powerapps.com/customerenrollmentservice/emissiondata/f57e937...DimDate
or
https://gw.us-il301.gateway.prod.island.powerapps.com/customerenrollmentservice/emissiondata/f57e937...DimEmissionType

Account I'm using from PowerBI should have the access on Azure tenant I'm connecting to.

Anyone has an idea on what may be wrong here?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-connect-to-emissions-impact-dashboard

14 REPLIES 14
agkolkata
Regular Visitor

I am a billing account reader for a billing profile under MCA, but still I am unable to connect to the Azure emissions impact dashbordf.. any idea whats happeneing ?

BinaryBotany
Helper I
Helper I

I have also been struggling with this problem. I think I figured out why I am having it though. In the doco it states:

"The Emissions Impact Dashboard is supported for EA Direct and MCA/MPA (CSP with Azure Plan) accounts".

Most azure users don't have a EA Direct, microsoft customer agreement, or microsoft partner account. Despite my tenancy linking to my partner account, my billing account is apparently still a "Microsoft Online Services Program" (you can see this on the "Cost Management + Billing" > "Properties" page in azure.

That these apps aren't available to all azure user does seem a bit strange -- they collect the same billing data for everyone.

rockymtnrajah
Frequent Visitor

I was wondering how you got information about the the full urls? (eg: DimEmissionType). Also, is f57e937f-74bc-4003-9aa3-3d99d0ee1234, your AD directoryId?

I am trying to create a separate dataset using this datasource and I am unable to connect to: https://gw.us-il301.gateway.prod.island.powerapps.com/customerenrollmentservice/emissiondata/

Thank you

MarkTh
Regular Visitor

Problem still persists. (In fairness, it's only been reported for 1 year, so might need a bit more time to get some traction.) I have logged it with Microsoft FWIW.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing several times.  I then left it for a few days and it eventually started working.  I did raise a ticket with Microsoft but it started working before the scheduled remote access session.

beigewell

looks like you have the same issues as we are all seeing, the dashboard either doesnt work or there is something key missing in the pre reqs. I am trying this in demo tenants now with full global admin and no results

beigewell

I have tried multiple users and settings and have the exact same issue

mjofaubourg

Hello

I have exactly the same error, however my credentials are fully valid to access subscription billing and management (my role is owner of the subscription)

Is there a fix ?

Thanks

hjansari

I am having the same issue and my admin account has got the following roles 

Application Administrator

Directory Readers

Let me know if there is any other roles is required for me to link this to my EA subscription.

Ta!

nmoreau

Hi !

I have the same issue. Credentials are ok and general admin / billing admin of the Teant . Did you find a way to solve it ?

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @lukaszmastalerz ;

Through the error message, it should be a credential problem.It seems that you are not providing the correct credentials.

Open the Parameters section and configure the data source once again in the Data Source section with the credentials with which you have access to the Enrollment ID / Billing Account ID with valid permissions, mentioned in the prerequisites.

vyalanwumsft_0-1633930698237.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yalanwu-msft 

This does not work. I have a valid credential (I am owner of the subcription). I used the unique identifier for my billing account and it does not work. Tried also with the subscription ID with the exact same error.

Is there a way to fix this ?

Hi,

I have similar issue where credentials work ok for M365 Emissions Impact Dashboard but for the Azure Emissions Impact Dashboard I get an issue - no usage data found and so cannot onboarded.

Under datasets, it states "You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because the following data sources currently don't support refresh:".  In Refresh history it shows an error -

Hide
On demand15/07/2022, 11:04:0115/07/2022, 11:04:33FailedThere was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Processing error:The column 'ServiceNameId' of the table wasn't found.
Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:bef53ee7-3201-4d4e-aef3-43fec54c9976
Request ID:a9329b74-725e-4828-5c02-42b7adb644b1
Time:2022-07-15 10:04:33Z

Has anyone else seen these errors/issues?

Regards,

Scott.

did u found a solution for that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors