Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mike_honey
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Error accessing PPU workspace General properties using SSMS

Using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), I am able to connect to my Premium-Per-User (PPU) workspace. However I want to review and edit the timeout settings, which are on the General tab of the workspace Properties dialog.

I always get this error when I choose the General tab:

The Analysis Services server administrator role is not supported in Power BI. Please use the Power BI security model instead.

I am trying to follow the advice from this blog post:
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/analysis-services-server-properties-in-power-bi-premium-are...

4 REPLIES 4
mike_honey
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Actually, for PPU there is nothing shown in the Power BI Admin Portal under Capacity Settings. That only shows Premium Capacity. 

Hi,

Please refer this post-

Power BI - Granular control with Analysis Services server properties

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/power-bi-granular-control-analysis-services-server-romain-casteres?ut...

I hope it will be helpful.

Screenshot_2024-05-22-22-52-10-86_254de13a4bc8758c9908fff1f73e3725.jpg

hackcrr
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi, @mike_honey 

You can manage your PPU capacity in the admin portal of Power BI Service, as shown in the following figure:

hackcrr_0-1715992749068.png

hackcrr_1-1715992774144.png

You can connect to your semantic model through Power BI desktop by going to File > Options and Settings > Data Source Settings, where you can modify the data source settings, including the timeout‘’

hackcrr_2-1715992893106.png

If you need to adjust advanced settings such as timeouts, consider using PowerShell scripts or the XMLA endpoint. The XMLA endpoint allows for advanced configuration and management of datasets in Power BI.

Did I answer your question? If yes, pls mark my post as a solution and appreciate your Kudos !

Thank you~

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors