Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DarylM
Helper II
Helper II

Error: We couldn't install "App Name".

Hi, 

I have created a workspace and am an admin in the workspace. I published the app as well but am not able to install the app. 

All the settings are corrected and I am able to see the app in my organization app list, but when i select "Get it now" I get this error. 

Weird thing is, the other users I have given access to the app are able to install it with no issues. 

I have tried signing out an loggin back in as well as tried it on different computers with no luck. 

Any ideas or help on this? 2017-11-16 06_58_41-Power BI.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DarylM
Helper II
Helper II

I got a response from Microsoft on a support ticket I put in on this. 

Their response...

"There is known issue is there, as a workaround, Publish the app to security group instead of normal group. "

So hopefully they find a fix soon. I don't plan to move all my content to security groups. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DarylM
Helper II
Helper II

I got a response from Microsoft on a support ticket I put in on this. 

Their response...

"There is known issue is there, as a workaround, Publish the app to security group instead of normal group. "

So hopefully they find a fix soon. I don't plan to move all my content to security groups. 

AlPappa
Regular Visitor

We are facing the same problem.  I am unable to install an App from the App Workspace I created and published (same error message).  Some of our users are also getting the same error when they try to install the App.

All users have PowerBI Pro license.

Please provide an update on this ASAP as this is causing a major disruption to our user base.

Sym

Hi,

We are facing identical problem.

We have following setup: App is published and one of Office 365 groups has permission to access it. This App has been around for a while, and people who are in this Office 365 group had no problems accessing this App via "Apps" panel in Power BI Service.

Only recently their App dissapeared from "Apps" panel, and when they try to get it back, they can see on the list of available apps but when they try to get it they get similar message to what DaryIM is reporting.

Those users that I mentioned have pro license. Strangly enough, this access doesn't work when group they belong to has access to this App. But when they are listed on Permissions list to this App as their individual accounts, the access works.

Do you know what might have happened? We didn't change anything in cofiguration etc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors