Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

TessBroersen
Frequent Visitor

Error: There weren't enough elements in the enumeration to complete the operation

Hi all!

Since the 27th of April two of my reports won't refresh anymore in the Power BI Service. I get the following error message:

TessBroersen_0-1683538054817.png

The strange thing about this is that refreshing the reports succeeds in Desktop. Only in Power BI Service there seems to be a problem. The error message refers to the Product Info table, but that table works just fine in Desktop. In the days leading up to the 27th of April I haven't done any work on that table either. And after the last time I worked on both reports, refreshing them in Power BI Service succeeded as well. 

The gateway is up and running and seems to work fine for other reports.

I've scoured the internet to find a solution, but I haven't been able to figure this one out....

Anyone? 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
TessBroersen
Frequent Visitor

Update:

Sadly we haven't been able to find the solution for this problem. The core of the problem was the joining of a table that contained data before a certain date to the table that contained data after that date. Separately the tables refreshed just fine, but as soon as they were joined into one table the error was thrown when trying to refresh the table. 

The problem was eventually 'solved' because my client changed their on-prem PostgreSQL database to an Azure SQL database. Refreshing the table doesn't throw an error anymore. 

Thanks for your help though, ibarrau.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Sadly working on desktop doesn't mean working on service. There are some warnings for desktop that won't pass at service. In order to fix this open PowerBi Desktop and go to transforma data and refresh the table. Then go one by one the steps to check if you can find the issue. If you can't still find the issue try filtering the last step by "Keeping errors" for all columns. You might have one of them broken.

That error usually means that you are trying to perform operations on an empty table or list. So I guess you have an issue in the middle of the script that won't solve it and Power Bi Desktop refreshes with the warning errors on the table popup.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors