Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error: Internal Error of Dataflow

Hi,

Currently, I am working on dataflows.

My 2/3 dataflows can be refreshed perfectly.

However, one of them cannot be refreshed. even I am trying to do the first refresh (refresh now) there is error like below.

"Error: Internal error Request ID: a76ee73d-2e6b-e6e6-37ec-cdb42fa7d5aa Activity ID: 8f483eba-e4e2-4fce-8266-897b522b049d"

I would like to understand the root cause of this error. So I can figure out the way to mitigate this problem.

Suggestions appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, @collinq 

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I will split it into 3 flows as per your suggestion! 🙂

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

Is the third dataflow using a different Data Source?  Or different Gateway?  Are both of those correctly configured?  Is this an error after a long time (like maybe you are timiing out)?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Q: Is the third dataflow using a different Data Source?  Or different Gateway? 

Ans: Basically the 3rd dataflow are combining the table from 3 excels files into single table. The excels are located on the same sharepoint destination using my connection. 

Q: Are both of those correctly configured? 

Ans: Subject to my above answer, I guess both of them are correctly configured. Please advice if it is not.

Q: Is this an error after a long time (like maybe you are timiing out)?

Ans: Yes, the refresh tooks very long period (more than 2 hours).

Do you have idea the root cause subject to the above response??

Hey @Anonymous ,

I am betting the issue is the third one - the time limit.  There is a 2 hour time limit on refreshes with a Pro license.  I am wondering if you can maybe get the three files separately?  Or, make your query more efficient somehow? Or, maybe make the source file smaller (ie. if it is a lot of years of data and you only need the last 5 then trim the source before you try to hit it).

But, I think that is the first place to look - to get the refresh time under 2 hours.  Preferrably way under 2 hours so that if the data grows a bit you aren't in the same position quickly.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors