Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI_RD
Frequent Visitor

Error: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError

Hi all,

I have been pulling my hair out for the last couple of weeks with this error. Have looked around at the forum looking for similar errors and even though I found people having the same issue, I have not found a solution yet.

So as with many other users: the refresh on Desktop works fine, however when I refresh Online this error pops up. The dataset that I'm using gets the data from a Sharepoint folder that contains about 300 csv files with about 100 rows in each file. Each working day about 5 files are added.

CleanShot 2023-05-26 at 09.57.07@2x.png

I have already checked the Privacy level settings and those are matched between Desktop and Online. I have updated the gateway, even though I know that's not the problem: around 15 other reports are refreshing fine (although they don't use Sharepoint files).

I had to remove some information from my screenshot:

The red bar points to the specific csv file that's at fault here. This file changes from refresh to refresh.

The blue bar point to the folder I used as a source for my query. This also changes from refresh to refresh. I use two Sharepoint folders.

The green bar points to the query/table that seems to cause the issue in this case, however this also changes from refresh to refresh.

So as you can see most variables from this error changes refresh after refresh, which gives me no real clue as to where to look for a solution. I thought it might have to do with the number of csv files I'm trying to pull, and the fact that it takes too long, so the connection just gets dropped. Especially since this issue started occuring a few weeks ago, and gradually got worse and worse to the point now that refreshing fails every single time. As a test I limited the amount of data being pulled to only the current month, but that didn't help, although I'm not sure if that would even make a difference since that limitation is added as a query step (so in reality all files are still being pulled)

Any insight would be highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

the 429 is specifically targeting you and your connection to the sharepoint at that point in time.  It might be facilitated by a generally sickly sharepoint server but that should not normally happen in SharePoint Online.

Start from scratch, add one source (folder) at a time, and make generous use of Binary.Buffer to make sure you ask for each of the blobs just once.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PowerBI_RD
Frequent Visitor

Yeah I caught that 429, but there are more codes that keep repeating. And since I dialed down the amount of refreshed and that didn't do anything, I didn't think much more of it to be honest.

That 429 could then also be caused by not only me using that Sharepoint (or those specific files?) but also other people simultaneously using it?

the 429 is specifically targeting you and your connection to the sharepoint at that point in time.  It might be facilitated by a generally sickly sharepoint server but that should not normally happen in SharePoint Online.

Start from scratch, add one source (folder) at a time, and make generous use of Binary.Buffer to make sure you ask for each of the blobs just once.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

It clearly says 429.  You are too chatty in the opinion of your sharepoint site.  Slow down, or refactor your code so it results in fewer (and less frequent) queries to the sharepoint.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors