Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

helpysherriff
Frequent Visitor

Enabled Fabric but can't see it in my Power BI

I have enabled Fabric but don't show it in my workspace. What am I doing wrong? I created my own domain so  I can test its functionality because my company haven't implemented it yet and not sure if they will. Rather large enterprise I work for. This is the only way for me to test the different functionalties.

Thanks for your help.

helpysherriff_0-1685401075110.png

9 REPLIES 9
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @germo @Michael_Mertens 

Where is your Fabric home region (tenant home region)? If your Fabric home region is not listed in Fabric region availability - Microsoft Fabric, it means that Fabric is not enabled in that region. To my knowledge, currently Fabric is not enabled in Central US region yet. 

In the meanwhile, customer can deploy an Azure fabric capacity in a region where Fabric is supported and can assign workspace to this capacity to test Fabric features.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

If I canceled the test: could I then create a new fabric test capacity in another region using remaining days? Or is my test over?

Hi Jing, 

my home region is Germany West, which is indeed not included in the list.
That explains it.

It is just confusing that everything in the configuration process looks ok (trial license, the trial capacity ft1, the diamond symbol and so on).
And the trial license will expire. Not ideal.

But thank you for the explanation!

Regards

Michael

Michael_Mertens
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi, 

I have the same problem, I looked at every configuration I saw in explanations / guy in a cube video, the screenshot above from Tom. Every configuration looks fine but the fabric stuff is still not shown.

Any more ideas?

Tenant Setting:
Users can create Fabric items -> enabled for the entire org
Users can try Microsoft Fabric paid features -> enabled for the entire org

My License:
Fabric Trial, 58 days left

Capacity settings:
"Trial": capacity name trial-mm-xxxxxxxx, 64 units, Status Active
(my account shown as service admin)

Workspaces:
"Fabrik" State Active Capacity Name trial-mm-xxxxx, FT1

Workspace Settings:
"Premium": License mode "Trial" like in the screnshow above

Diamond shown at the workplace

Regards,

Michael

germo
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

fabric workloads become available as soon as one workspace is added to the fabric "Trial" license

This is the idea. But it doesn't work. I lost the trial days, can't use Fabric, and no support on this issue from Microsoft. 

germo
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

And how I will know, which artifact belong to fabric and which not? I see the same possible artifacts in an "normal" workspace, assigned to Power BI premium and in a workspace, assigned to a Fabric test.

Hi @germo 

Power BI Premium P SKUs support Microsoft Fabric. If your workspace is assigned to a Premium P capacity, you will have access to Fabric features. Please refer to Microsoft Fabric licenses.

Microsoft Fabric currently has the following 6 components.

vjingzhang_0-1686297228349.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

There are issues with the specific fabric tenant, I can't solve. I would need to contact Microsoft to solve, but I don't know how to contact. All links end up in a Community like here.

Fabric works fine in General in other tenants. Icons are shown, Fabric can be used.

But in this small Company, where I wanted to promote Fabric, because I see a good way to switch from SQL Server to Fabric, it's lakehouse and so on, it doesn't work: The usage of Fabric is enabled, the fabric test capacity is assigned to a workspace. The evaluation counter is counting down every day, but Fabric can't be used because of missing icons. It looks like there is something more in the tenant settings which causes the issue. I even got admin rights in this tenant, but I can't find anything. I even added a paid Fabric capacity in Azure and assigned another workspace to the paid capacity. Nothing helps. No icons.
Then I added my Microsoft account from another company as guest, granted permissions, this account can access reports and so on. But as soon, as this user is logged in into this tenant, the Fabric icons are missing. The same user can be logged in into another Fabric tenant at the same time when fabric icons are shown.

Are there any additional settings in the fabric tenant which allow using fabric in general, but prohibit the icons to appear? It is also possible that this is a bug. But who can solve?

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @helpysherriff ,

fabric workloads become available as soon as one workspace is added to the fabric "Trial" license: 

image.png

Be aware that the new workloads become available in the workspace that is added to trial license. You can add more than workspace to the license.

After you have assigned one workspace to the license, you can add new fabric artifacts:

image.png

Please be aware that "learning fabric" is the name of a workspace I created and not something that is provided by MSFT 😉

Hopefully,, this gets you started.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors