Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

COMtrac
Advocate I
Advocate I

Enable Maps for Single Power BI Pro licence

I am a single Power BI Pro licence user.   I have been search for an answer on how to enable maps.  Every answer I find talks about going to Admin Portal, tenancy and enabling maps.  However my Admin Portal does not have this option.  The reason for this apparently is because I am not Global Admin.  I have no idea how to enable this admin permission in my single Power BI Pro licence.  This advice seems to be for adminstrators of agencies.  I would appreciate some adviceas I have been search for this answer for days.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @COMtrac 

If you are an individual user, you can set yourself as powerbi admin this way.

There are detailed steps for reference:

Solved: Re: Embed code permissions - Microsoft Power BI Community

Did I answer your question? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
edhans
Super User
Super User

You cannot. Many tenant settings are tenant wide, and Maps are one of them. No ability to enable for users or security groups. One example below.

edhans_0-1643671204642.png
So talk to your Power BI admin and see if they will enable for everyone. It is either that, or no one.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Thansk for taking the time to reply.  Just to be clear I am the only user of this licence.  I subscribed to a Power BI Pro licence web version.  So I assume that I am the Admin as well.  But I canot find anywhere in settings where I am suppose to enable maps.  Does that make sense?

No, you cannot make that assumption. Your Office 365 Global Admin or Role Admin actually has to add you to the role of Power BI Admin.

The Power BI Admin does not need a Power BI license. It is a purely administrative role, and has nothing to do with whether or not you have a Power BI Pro license.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Thanks Ed.  I apologise but I am still not clear.  I am the only user.  There is no 365 Global Admin that I can contact. It is just me.  Since I am not listed as Global Admin and I have to be to enable maps, how to I find the area where I add myself as 365 Global admin?  

Hi, @COMtrac 

If you are an individual user, you can set yourself as powerbi admin this way.

There are detailed steps for reference:

Solved: Re: Embed code permissions - Microsoft Power BI Community

Did I answer your question? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

Is this a business tenant? This is all only relevant on a full Office 365 business tenant with a business license. Did you buy one from Go-Daddy? You will need to contact them as they hide all of this stuff and make it insanely complex.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors