Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AndreaLee1212
Helper I
Helper I

Embedding on Teams - EM Skus not clear

Hi everyone,

Does anyone understand the difference the new capability of having Power BI integrated on Teams or have Power BI embedded on Teams ?

Is this related with Licenses....?! Let's say that I have an EM Skus so I can embed the Power BI on Team without requiring consumers to have a PRO license, is it correct ? 

Not getting the purpose of having an EM Skus .... the only way I'm understanding EM vs P Skus is that EM Skus is a "really soft" version of P SKus because gives the ability of internal users not having even a free license and they can actually consume PBI content in Teams, is it correct ? 

Thanks in advance 

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @AndreaLee1212 

The EM SKU is designed for when you are wanting to embed a Power BI report into another application outside of Microsoft.

As far as I know if it is for internal users you should be using the Power BI Pro/ Premium Per User or Free User (when the dataset is on premium capacity)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ 

But I'm seeing this all the time that EM is used for integrations on Microsoft tools like Teams and Sharepoint.

Azure A1: the report is incorporated (embedded) in an external software/application. Examples: portal/system/external company software.
EM1: the report is incorporated (embedded) in an internal software/application. Examples: SharePoint, Intranet, internal company software

So not sure what is the difference of that.... if I can embed reports in Teams directly without having an EM SKu

Let's say that I have an EM Skus so I can embed the Power BI on Team without requiring consumers to have a PRO license, is it correct ?
 - with P SKU you can embed your report in: your own apps and you can't share (as we used to share reports between users with PRO licenses, for example) reports. If user has acces to place in app with report - he can see it.
 - with EM SKU you can embed your report in: your own apps and in MS services like Sharepoint or Teams: https://coggle.it/diagram/Wj1Y28ClwAABL-Y6/t/power-bi-capacity-based-sku or https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-embed-report-spo#licensing 
with this approach, if report embedded into Sharepoint - users can share report between users in organization (I'm not sure, but users must have free licenses to see report)
-
Not getting the purpose of having an EM Skus ....

I would say "yes", in general. Even in the MS documentation, it is written that before purchasing P SKU, first choose EM SKU for use)

Hi @AndreaLee1212 

As part of Teams you certainly can add the App into Teams, as well as share links and put them into the channels for users to view them directly in Teams?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors