Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wilson_smyth
Post Patron
Post Patron

Embedding a dashboard on a website securely

We have a dashboard in powerBi, and want to embed it on a webpage of a secured site.

PublishToWeb is not really an option as if anyone get the source HTML for the website they also get a direct link to the report in powerBI.

Is there a way to embed a dashboard in a webpage, but still have the dashboard secure maybe requiring PowerBI Credentials?
We have no problem purchasing more licenses if that will allow reports to be viewed only by licensed users.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@wilson_smyth You can use the APIs to embed content to internal websites. This will require a Premium license as of June 1st. If you are doing embedded for external use, then I think that licensing is TBD at this point.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

@wilson_smyth "public facing" = external / "Our Organization" = internal

Sorry for the confusion. If your site isn't for customers outside your org, then you don't fall into the outside pricing (from my understanding)

Your scenario would require your users to have access to, and have content shared via the PBI Service first. Then when you embed reports those would be visible in your application.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@wilson_smyth You can use the APIs to embed content to internal websites. This will require a Premium license as of June 1st. If you are doing embedded for external use, then I think that licensing is TBD at this point.

thanks. that raises another question however as to what is an internal site.

Our site is accessable via the web, but only to members of our organization, not the public. 

Does this mean its a public site or some grey area?

@wilson_smyth "public facing" = external / "Our Organization" = internal

Sorry for the confusion. If your site isn't for customers outside your org, then you don't fall into the outside pricing (from my understanding)

Your scenario would require your users to have access to, and have content shared via the PBI Service first. Then when you embed reports those would be visible in your application.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors