Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

jfer
Frequent Visitor

Embedding Reports have different behaviors when asking for log in using iframes

Hello,

when I open one report using the direct embed url in my browser it keeps my session logged for a long time, but it's a different behavior when I use the same url in a iframe, it asks me for log in after 1 hour being so annoying when working in multiple tasks.

Does anybody know why this behavior works like this or if it's possible to change those times that asks for log in when using iframes?

3 REPLIES 3
jfer
Frequent Visitor

Found this topic which explains the problem in detail https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Developer/Power-Bi-dashboard-embedded-iframe-keeps-asking-... but doesn't give any information about the cause

Hi, @jfer 

The reason for this behavior may be due to the different ways in which browsers and iframes handle sessions and authentication.

When a browser accesses a URL directly, it may use an existing session cookie to keep you logged in, while a session in an iframe may be subject to a different security policy or cookie setting, resulting in a shorter session expiration time.

I hope my suggestions give you good ideas, if you have any more questions, please clarify in a follow-up reply.
Best Regards,
Fen Ling,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

and there is no easy workaround to fix this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
OCT PBI Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - October 2024

Check out the October 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

October NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - October 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors