Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedded tiles not rendered in webpage

Hi friends,

I have a PBI dashboard with tiles pinned from other dashboards. This dashboard is embedded into our webpage, the tiles were working fine and all of sudden it stopped working and is displaying blank, but when clicking on the blank tile is navigates correctly to the corresponding report. Any idea what could be the issue?

Previously working

mohinderbabu_0-1685958716349.png

Not working:

mohinderbabu_1-1685958772410.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Still no resolution, but here's an update. We were able to narrow it down to an issue with row-level security in the embedded service. When you remove RLS from your code to generate the dashboard embed token, your dashboard should work. 

Now the hurdle is getting the team to admit it is their issue, when we have used the same RLS logic in our app for over 3 years without issue. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Verborghs
Regular Visitor

Same issue here. Also using RLS. Everything was working friday, monday morning dashboards no longer show the actual numbers. Reports still seem to work embedded.  Everything works in powerbi. When to a full testcase, but nothing seems to help.

401 on a certain metadata url (the one without powerbi prefix)

Fails with 401 https://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net/powerbi/metadata/dashboards/xxxxx?

Works https://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net/metadata/embed/dashboard/xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-guid 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft is working towards a fix for this, will keep you posted if we get an answer from them.

derekg1127
Advocate I
Advocate I

Yes we have the exact same issue. According to a customer of mine the issue started Saturday morning. I was not alerted until Sunday morning at which point I engaged azure support. It has now been almost 24 hours and they can't get past the thought that this is an issue with how we set up our app. Good to see we are not the only one as I have known since the beginning this was a Power BI issue. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

microsoft has fixed this issue, hopefully your dashboards are working fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be good if you can share any ticket or incident number, I will raise one for mine and I can mention your ticket as a reference.

Good call. Below is our tracking ID for the ticket. They are still just trying to troubleshoot it using my browser trace logs between our embedded app and the PBI service. Nothing of substance to share as of yet. 

TrackingID#2306040040000310

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing the tracking ID. Can you please post here if your issue gets resolved? Appreciate your help. thanks

Still no resolution, but here's an update. We were able to narrow it down to an issue with row-level security in the embedded service. When you remove RLS from your code to generate the dashboard embed token, your dashboard should work. 

Now the hurdle is getting the team to admit it is their issue, when we have used the same RLS logic in our app for over 3 years without issue. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank for your update. I had a call with Microsoft today and they were able to replicate the issue at their end and the product team is working towards the solution. Even we had the same issue, it works fine without RLS.

I will keep you posted on the update.

That's good to hear. After spending hours on the phone with them yesterday I just woke up to an email from the support team saying they believe it is an issue with how Power BI RLS was configured in our reports. Although that was set up years ago and has worked since. 

Glad you have had better luck with the support team. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,  have you heard anything from Azure/Microsoft on this issue? What have they responded?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors