Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

HDRPBI

'Embed an image' to PowerPoint functionality not available for user

Dear all,

A Power BI user of our company has an issue with exporting a report to PowerPoint. 'Normally' the user should have the following options when exporting to PowerPoint:

HDRPBI_0-1707923869910.png

But the 'embed and image' option is not available to the user, it is not greyed out but it just is'nt even there to choose. Only the 'Embed live data' option is available. 

I've tried all options regarding permissions/access to the dataset/app/workspace but it does not seem to be permission error.

It doesn't work for reports with a live connection or import, so I ruled that out also.

Does anybody have a solution to this problem or knows how to give the user the option to 'embed an image' to PowerPoint?

Any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @HDRPBI 

I'm happy to answer your questions. We can troubleshoot the problem through the following methods:

1. First check that the Admin Portal export PowerPoint function is turned on normally, as shown in the figure below:

vjianpengmsft_0-1707980546948.png

1. Check whether other reports in the same workspace have similar situations and whether users can embed images into PowerPoint.
  2. Check the reports of other workspaces to see if this happens. If users of other workspaces can embed images into PowerPoint normally, it means there is a problem with the original workspace.
  3. Try another account to see if the same problem exists.
  4. You can use the following solution instead of embedding pictures into PowerPoint:

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

Through the above picture demonstration method, you can embed the report into PowerPoint as a picture, and then you can adjust the picture zoom appropriately to ensure the user's reading effect. The above suggestions are some of my ideas. If they can help you, that would be great.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HDRPBI

Hi JianPeng Li,

Thank you for your response. I'll do these checks and accept as solution whenever its has seemed to work.

Hi, @HDRPBI 

Thanks for your reply, does it work?

v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @HDRPBI 

I'm happy to answer your questions. We can troubleshoot the problem through the following methods:

1. First check that the Admin Portal export PowerPoint function is turned on normally, as shown in the figure below:

vjianpengmsft_0-1707980546948.png

1. Check whether other reports in the same workspace have similar situations and whether users can embed images into PowerPoint.
  2. Check the reports of other workspaces to see if this happens. If users of other workspaces can embed images into PowerPoint normally, it means there is a problem with the original workspace.
  3. Try another account to see if the same problem exists.
  4. You can use the following solution instead of embedding pictures into PowerPoint:

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

Through the above picture demonstration method, you can embed the report into PowerPoint as a picture, and then you can adjust the picture zoom appropriately to ensure the user's reading effect. The above suggestions are some of my ideas. If they can help you, that would be great.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors