Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aglpr
Advocate II
Advocate II

Email subscription settings shows Null parameter

Hello,

So i've faced this problem recently. Usually I send a copy of the paginated report using email subscription, and always use setting of "Use Current (rendered report) values" as the parameter.

Today, I already filled in the parameter in the report, and I want to send the email subscription using the rendered parameter value, but in the email subscription setting, it shows as (null).

aglpr_0-1675059935751.png

The parameter in the report, and it managed to render a report

aglpr_1-1675059998026.png

The parameter in email subscription setting. You can see the "Month" parameter is (null)

Which cause an error yto the email subscription and the report can't be send.

This is weird because I still able to send the email subscription using this parameter setting last week and the week before, and everything is work perfectly fine.

Anyone knows what is the issue?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aglpr ,

The issue has mitigated. Please have a try.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
MurtoMan
Frequent Visitor

For your information, this issue should be fixed worldwide now.

I got a confirmation from the support team and tested it myself - working correctly now!

Thanks for the notification, can also confirm that it is now working as intended.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aglpr ,

The issue has mitigated. Please have a try.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-rongtiep-msft 

I'm experiencing this exact issue as well, is there a way to fix?

EDIT: Issue was never resolved, however I worked around it by adding a dataset for each parameter that selects the full list of values, then setting the default value of the parameter to the dataset and setting the report to use default values. 

This is not an ideal solution because I would prefer to have the report *not* auto-run on load with those parameters but the subscription was more important in this case.

Hi @v-rongtiep-msft 
Can you please suggest the mitigation steps? It is not automatically mitigated yet for my reports.

aglpr
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi all,

I've tried to send the email subscription again today. Apparently, it returns to normal and able to send the email subscription as usual.

Hopefully, it also applies to anyone who has the same issue

Thank you

JVP
Helper II
Helper II

Also having a similar issue, report nulls the parameter when all the values have been selected (If less than all the values are selected for that parameter report runs.)

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aglpr ,

Have submitted this issue internal to confirm, would update here as soon as possible if there is any update about it.

Best Regards

amandabus21
Helper V
Helper V

@aglpr  i just started having this issue as well, let me know if you find a solution!

I received a workaround from MS support team. Just add this parameter at the end of the paginated URL 

"?useReactParameterPane=1". This will turn on the react rendering for the parameter pane.

@MurtoMan I managed to get something working after looking at it again. It is more of a workaround as the user would need to manually select the parameters again but it's better than a report not working! Thanks.

I hope they fix this soon.

I'm also getting the second parameter being Null again. The original fix seemed to work but on new reports its not working again.

The second parameter is filled out but the subscription does not recognise it. 

Capture.JPG 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors