Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mike282
Helper III
Helper III

Dynamics 365 TDS endpoint credentials not working in service

Hi all,

So I'm not sure if I'm the only one having issues. So I setup a test power BI report on Desktop using the new Dynamics 365 TDS endpoint. So the I used the SQL server connection to access the data. It all works in Desktop and then I publish it to Service into a workspace. I setup incremental refresh on this test and published it.

I then go to edit credentials on the dataset to ensure credentials are entered so that I can setup scheduled refreshes. 

image.png

Everything looks fine and I select OAuth2 which worked previously for my connections to the TDS endpoint. 

image.png

Then nothing. A redirect window pops up and nothing happens and I can't get my credentials updated.

It just stays like this permanentlyIt just stays like this permanently

The thing is I have another report on which credentials are added the same way and it works and refreshes fine but for some reason it's not working for me now...

Am I doing something wrong here or is it a bug?

Mike.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-henryk-mstf ,

It's all good now. Spoke with BI support and it was a known issue which they've patched. 

image.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Usman_intbi
Regular Visitor

I'm also having this issue. Should I also call support team?

Didn't they fixed the issue for all customers?

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mike282 ,

According to your description, change the credentials to the account password of the sql corresponding login.

vhenrykmstf_0-1633332510748.png

You can read related blog:

Using Tabular Data Stream (TDS) with Common Data Service (Dynamics 365) (alphabold.com)

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-henryk-mstf ,

It's all good now. Spoke with BI support and it was a known issue which they've patched. 

image.png

Hi @Mike282 ,

Thank you for your feedback, if the problem has been solved, you can mark a useful reply as the correct answer to help the other members find it more quickly.

If not, please point it out. I will answer you as soon as possible, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors