Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ChristophR
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic card title becomes static after editing dashboard tile

I have a card visual with a dynamic title (using conditional fomatting). This card is pinned to a dashboard. The title on dashboard tile updates as expected. 

However, when I edit the dashbaord tile, e.g., by adding a subtitle, or by setting up a custom link, the title becomes static and does not update anymore. Is there a way to preserve the dynamic title when editing the tile? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ChristophR 

This issue is by design.

There are a few limitations to the current implementation of expression-based titles for visuals:

• Expression based titles aren't carried over when you pin a visual to a dashboard

vangzhengmsft_0-1629165950392.png

refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-conditional-format-visual-titles#li...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ChristophR 

This issue is by design.

There are a few limitations to the current implementation of expression-based titles for visuals:

• Expression based titles aren't carried over when you pin a visual to a dashboard

vangzhengmsft_0-1629165950392.png

refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-conditional-format-visual-titles#li...

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-angzheng-msft 

I am just wondering, if this is by design: How comes that the title does adapt as long as I do not edit the tile (which is my current workaround)? Is this unintended behavior which I should not build on?

Hi, @ChristophR 

This is the feedback given by the development team so far.
I think it is fortunate for us. Under the restriction that the expression cannot work in the dashboard, the tile can still work normally without editing.
I guess this issue should be fixed in the process of product update iterations, and I look forward to hearing good news.

Hi @v-angzheng-msft 

thanks for clarification. I just wanted to make sure that I do not use a feature productively that will break in one of the next releases. 

v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ChristophR 

I have reproduced the issue and reported it internally. I will update the feedback information here in time. Please wait patiently.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors