Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

niko18033
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamic Alerts based on DAX measure

Hi All -  I'd like to set up "dynamic" alerts with a few of my dashboards that will trigger based on a dynamic threshold based on standard deviations from the mean. However, there appears to be a limitation with the current alerting capability in that it only allows the alert to be triggered on a static threshold. In my use case, the threshold will change (usually significantly) based on the most recent hourly refresh, so a static threshold would not suffice. Here's a screenshot of the alert interface I'm referring to. The '68.1' figure should instead be the "lower control limit" measure which already has been created in the underlying BI desktop file. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Power BI Alert Setup.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @niko18033 ,

We can create another new measure such as

new = if ([target]-[standard deviations]>0,1,0)

Then we can set the alert above1 to work around.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @niko18033 ,

We can create another new measure such as

new = if ([target]-[standard deviations]>0,1,0)

Then we can set the alert above1 to work around.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Thanks so much. This did the trick!

Hi @niko18033 ,

Does that make sense? If so kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case. Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors