Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dev_SS
Regular Visitor

Duplicates streaming dataset

Hi Team,

In streaming dataset whenever I push a data that is already present in the dataset (duplicate), the row is getting deleted or hidden. But the same is visible when I try to show a sum or functions like that. Is there any documentation on how the duplicates are handled in the streaming/push datasets or the logic ?

Also if I wish to have the duplicates is there anay way to do so ?

Expecting a reply.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Dev_SS 

In general, when a duplicate data point is pushed to a streaming dataset, the existing data point with the same timestamp is overwritten with the new data point. This means that the old data point is effectively deleted. However, if you are using a streaming dataset with aggregation enabled, the duplicate data point will be included in the aggregation calculations.

I would recommend checking the documentation for the specific streaming dataset platform you are using for more information on how duplicates are handled. Additionally, you may want to review the documentation for any aggregation functions you are using to better understand how they handle duplicate data points.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors