Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ims20180411kjb
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dual Y-Axis Line Chart Value Disappears when Report is Published

Good afternoon,

I am experiencing an issue concerning a Line Chart with 2 Primary Y values and 2 Secondary Y values and months as the X axis as per below:

• PY1 - Sales per month Current Year
  • PY2 - Sales per month Last Year
  • SY1 - Order Volume per month Current Year
  • SY2 - Order Volume per month Last Year

The chart works perfectly in the desktop version and displays all 4 Y axis measures as expected.

However, when I publish the report to Service, the PY1 value is not visible - see the legend which only shows Metric LY (Sales), Vol CY & Vol LY:

Image 2.png

Oddly, the value seems to be present because it shows in the Filters section:

Image 3:

Image 3.png

In addition, if I edit the Service version and delete the PY2 value then the missing PY1 line reappears on the chart - see the legend which displays Metric CY (Sales), Vol CY & Vol LY:

Image 4.png

Is there a limit to the number of values that can be displayed on the Service version of the Line Chart which isn’t present in the Desktop version?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Karl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mdent
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I too are facing similar issues and it is doing my head in. Do you have conditional titles on your visuals? I found that removing that fixed some of my charts. Another aspect that helps was getting the latest build of pbi desktop, as I could see the behaviour then too.

I am currently facing big issues with conditional titles, as of today all have failed after 9 months of working.... Grrr.....

Hope you find the answer to your woes and post the solution if you or Microsoft find it, as I can't work out out ATM.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RobertUrbanski
Frequent Visitor

This issue sounds very similar to the one I posted earlier: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Power-BI-Workspace-and-App-not-showing-additional-Values-fo....  I am using Calculation Groups and have experienced missing components of different kinds of charts.

mdent
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I too are facing similar issues and it is doing my head in. Do you have conditional titles on your visuals? I found that removing that fixed some of my charts. Another aspect that helps was getting the latest build of pbi desktop, as I could see the behaviour then too.

I am currently facing big issues with conditional titles, as of today all have failed after 9 months of working.... Grrr.....

Hope you find the answer to your woes and post the solution if you or Microsoft find it, as I can't work out out ATM.

Hi mdent,

thank you very much for your reply and I can confirm that it was indeed the conditional titles that were causing the issue.

Frustratingly, I'd recently incorporated Calculation Groups into this report allowing me to select metric slicer buttons of different types (#,0; £#,0 & %#.0) and have the chart and grid items re-format accordingly.

Of all the additional complexity that I added to the report, I did not expect the inclusion of dynamic titles, purley for cosmetics, to completely unseat me this way.

I have removed the offending titles for now and have instead opted for simple generic versions - not ideal but not worth me wasting any further time over for now.

However, I will revisit when I next get some spare time and will let you know if I'm able to establish a work-around.

Either way, I'm really grateful for your response and you've saved me from any further frustration and confusion.

Much appreciated and kind regards

Karl

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors