Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Namkce
Advocate III
Advocate III

Download the PBIX file from Published "App" even though Workspace has new version?

Hello,

This is kind of a confusing request but here it goes:

I created a Report/model in Power BI and published to a Workspace on the Power BI Online service.  I then published it as an "App" in Power BI.  I later made some more changes to the Report/model and published those to the workspace, but I didn't push those changes to the "App".  Now, I'd like to download the version of the model that is currently set as the "App".  Is this possible?  

Basically, my local copy has been changed so much, that I'd like to revert to what the model was when I had published it as an App. but when I try to download from the Power BI service, I only get the most recent published version to that workspace.  Is there a workaround or way to get the version that is currently functioning as an "app"?  

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Yes if you download the file from the App that should be the last version of the PBIX that you Updated in the App.

What I would also suggest doing is to store your PBIX using OneDrive. This will allow you to have a version each and every time you save the file.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ 

Thanks for responding.  However, I'm not able to see an option to download a PBIX file from the App.  I'm only able to download from the Workspace, which contains a version of the model that is newer than the version that the App has.  Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place?  Can you show me exactly how to download the PBIX file from the App as opposed from the Workspace?

Hi there

You are 100% correct in that I thought you could download the PBIX from the App Workspace.

Unless you have got some form of version control that you had in place, I am not sure how to get the different version. The only option I an think of is having to re-create the older version.

I would suggest storing your PBIX in OneDrive as mentioned before to enable automatic version control.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors