Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

MeiYing
Helper I
Helper I

Download report from Power BI workspace

Hi, 

When I downloaded published report (for e.g. abc.pbix) from my Power BI workspace, it automatically added an underscore in front of the file name which became '_abc.pbix'. I opened the file in power bi desktop and edit query to remove duplicates for one of the columns in my data, then I renamed it the same as the published one 'abc.pbix'. But when I published the updated report with the same name to my workspace, the existing one did not get overwrite/replaced and now there are two reports with the same name in my workspace. Does anyone know why the report was not replaced even though with the same name? 

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MeiYing ,

This behavior is not specific to Power BI but can occur with various applications and browsers. It’s possible that this is a result of how your system or browser handles downloaded files.Please try to use another browser to download.

Please feel free to correct me and provide more information if I have misunderstood you!

An attachment for your reference. Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.