Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Puchert

Download a copy of report and data is greyed out, and dataset is missing in PBI Desktop

Hi Guys,

I have a report which is linked to a sharepoint excel sheet, I have the appropriate access to edit and download. I regularly update the sharepoint sheet which updates the PBI published report

I now need to make some changes to sync slicers which I believe I can only do when I download the .pbix and edit in the PBI Desktop application

When I click on the Download report function the option is greyed out

Puchert_0-1684305254311.png

If I choose the option with a live connection then I get the below error

Puchert_1-1684305375176.png

The connection obviously works and I have permission as changes I make to sharepoint today will update the visuals after the refresh.

When looking at the report lineage I can see the Sharepoint URL and that the connection is active

Any assistance to get the report downloaded would be appreciated

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Puchert

Hi Guys,

I solved this by accident when looking at another post

So the reason is that this created a loop, it was a live connection report which I published already

So after the download with live connection then just click on transform data in PBI desktop - most would be greyed out but there you can select the datasource and then do the required edits and republish

Hope this assists another Noob like me

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Puchert

Hi Guys,

I solved this by accident when looking at another post

So the reason is that this created a loop, it was a live connection report which I published already

So after the download with live connection then just click on transform data in PBI desktop - most would be greyed out but there you can select the datasource and then do the required edits and republish

Hope this assists another Noob like me

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors