So, I have a folder on SharePoint that has multiple files in it (all exactly the same format). It has been working fine for over a year, and then suddenly I get this error. I've checked my login credentials...all good.
I've gone through the steps in the query editor on desktop, and I do not see any errors...again...I have not changed anything at all.
But not even sure where to start to look for this. I don't have any column headers with the name "ccon", nor do I have any files with that name. So not sure what "ccon" even refers to. Any help is appreciated!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi @GilbertQ, I have the same issue. On desktop the file refresh properly but on service I receive this error message (
<ccon>Expression.Error: The column '<ccon></ccon>' of the table wasn't found.. <ccon></ccon>. </ccon>. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: IOM_data.)
and the report is not refreshed at all. This table is not updated everyday (the source is the same csv file as yesterday where everything worked fine).
Also, I had never a column with that name.
Worth to mention that I have the latest version of Power BI Desktop.
I also, tried to refresh it on the desktop and publish it and didn't fix it (the next schedule refresh returned errors), even though in desktop the refresh is ok. When I publish the refreshed desktop report, the report on the service shows the correct data but the dataset (on the service) at first is like refreshing (the circle goes round and round) and at the end I get the same error again (but the data at the report is correct).
The only change I made to the service since yesterday, where everything worked properly, is that I created my first dataflow which has nothing to do with the report (some dimension tables are the same but no connection between the dataflow and the report , and the data_IOM table is not in the new dataflow).
Any ideas on how I can fix it?
Thank you in advance,
@GilbertQThank you for your reply!
The problem solved in a very similar way. The table causing the problem was an append of 2 other tables that weren't loaded (disable load). Those tables' source was a csv file downloaded from SAP BW. The line that was promoted as headers had a null which suddently changed to blank. This column was deleted in the next step but it had a different "name" as it used to and this was causing the problem.
As the refresh on Desktop didn't have any problem, in order to find what was causing the error on service, I made a new dataflow on Service and copied the table that was causing the problem (with this action there was also copied and the tables that the final was depending on). There I found out the root cause and resolve it.
Hope this will help other people with similar problems.
Muito obrigada! 😍 Estava com o mesmo problema e a sua resposta me ajudou a buscar uma solução. Havia uma coluna que estava com o nome em branco que eu havia removido em uma etapa, então quando removi essa etapa não apresentou mais erro nas atualizações do servidor. Estranhamente essa coluna sem nome não estava renomeada nas etapas seguintes como o seu caso, então não entendi porque ela causou o erro.
Check out the November 2023 Power BI update to learn about new features.
Read the latest Fabric Community announcements, including updates on Power BI, Synapse, Data Factory and Data Activator.
130+ sessions, 130+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI and Fabric. Attend online or watch the recordings.