Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

a_jtuck-lee
Regular Visitor

Do not see Alert Icon

I'm trying to set alerts on standard Cost card. When i click on the ellipses, i do not see any icons let alone a bell one for Alerts.

I get the option to Export or remove.. but thats it. What am I doing wrong?

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@a_jtuck-lee From the screenshot you've provided it appears to be a visual within report. You can set data alerts only in dashboard tiles. So pin that visual to a dashboard and then you will have option for data alerts.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have the same problem, but I have pinned the tiles to the dashboard. The data is from a web source, so it should be refreshable. It looks like instead of an Alerts option I have an Export Data option. I don't see the alerts option whether its from a pinned dashboard tile or from a report that is pinned. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 10.04.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-26 at 10.09.44 AM.png

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@a_jtuck-lee Below are some of the limitations on data alerts.

• Alerts are currently not supported for Bing tiles, or card tiles with date/time measures.

• Alerts only work with numeric data types.

• Alerts only work on data that is refreshed. They do not work on static data.

I don't believe any of the listed is the issue.

@a_jtuck-lee From the screenshot you've provided it appears to be a visual within report. You can set data alerts only in dashboard tiles. So pin that visual to a dashboard and then you will have option for data alerts.

I also have the same problem, but I have pinned the tiles to the dashboard. The data is refreshable. I don't see the alerts option whether its from a pinned dashboard tile or from a report that is pinned. 

Thats it! thank you so much!

Hello,

May I know is your issue resolved. I am using Power BI Free Service. Using card component I am trying to select ellipse option and could not find Bell icon to do data alert.  Someone suggested doing it in the dashboard pin live page. Even there i could not find it. Kindly suggest

Data Alert.PNG

Regards,

Chanukya

@ankitpatira

I have the same problem. Don't see any bell icon on pinned card visual in the dashboard. The card visual extracts numeric data from an SQL server database using Direct Query.

gvg
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Well, it looks like one has to use the pin icon on the visual itself. It doesn't work if you use "Pin Live Page" like I did.

Pic1.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors