Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Reddy5833
Helper I
Helper I

Do I need to add SharePoint data source to gateway to refresh the SharePoin online sourced dataset ?

Hi, I have a report that is based on two differernt data sources, one is Redshift which is on primises and another is SharePoint online. Published to service, In power bi service I have installed gateways and added redshift data source to the gate ways since it is onprimises, should I add sharepoint source as well ?

I'm under the impression that Sharpoint online dont need a gateway. so I have not added this source, but I'm getting below error messages when I try to refresh.

Reddy5833_1-1654705131816.png

Reddy5833_2-1654705434103.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You don't need a gateway for SharePoint online. In the screen shot, the message is asking for credentials. So just go to the dataset settings page and enter the credentials and you should be good to go!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You don't need a gateway for SharePoint online. In the screen shot, the message is asking for credentials. So just go to the dataset settings page and enter the credentials and you should be good to go!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors