Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jamponi
Frequent Visitor

Display report/dashboard on Tv

Hi everybody,

I´m still pretty new to using Power BI and having a lot of questions right now.

My company wants to set up TVs in the office where periodically updated reports/dashboards are shown.

We thought about embedding the report in an internal page and having the TVs open it.

For testing purposes I embedded a report and wanted to open it from another machine. There I needed to log in to access the report.

Do we need Power BI licenses for our TVs or is there a better way, that we haven't thought about yet?

Is embedding a dashboard even possible?

I and some other guys currently have Pro licenses. Do I need to have a premium license for it to work?

Although I´m not a developer, I gladly appreciate any feedback or ideas.

Thank you in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @jamponi ,

You will need to open the browser in TV and display your dashboard in Power BI Services.

There is workaround for automatically refresh the browser by adding the ?chromeless=1 parameter to the app's URL, run it on Chrome, install an automatic refresh plugin, such as Super Auto Refresh, and put the browser in full screen mode as well.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

@jamponi ,
No; You can log-in with your existing PRO Licensed account.

Points I mentioned in earlier email is only for the issue of automatic refresh that you will face once dashboard/report is up in the TV.

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

LinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sgpreszler

Here is how we do it. Check out the RocketScreens Podcast - How to Connect Your Power BI reports to a television - Youtube video for a quick demo - https://youtu.be/lKXecKepMUc   We leverage one of the pro licenses in the app.  

I work for a management consulting company that has built reports on many software platforms over the past 20 years. We saw the problem, (gorgeous or important information that is hard to present on screens- ugh). Could we get these reports and dashboards to TV's (as part of a playlist) for our clients. We thought it is so hard to get this info to staff in the offices and even hybrid once you have built them. Management wants their employees to be on the same page.

So we used the covid days to build out a commercial solution to it.   Right now, we can connect to over 100 different SaaS solutions, including Power BI. We have two other connectors depending on the level of security you require. 

1. You grab an Amazon Firestick or Google Chromecast TV hardware stick; either is under $40.   Our application is in their collective app stores;

2. Go to the RocketScreens CMS app and create a trial account, Power BI Reports and Dashboards on Any Digital Screen.   

2a. If you don't have a hardware stick, you can create a virtual link to put in a browser or a Microsoft Team's room.   And we have built software links to download to both a PC or Mac if you are plugging a computer into the TV. ( using a bad idea, but it still is common). 

3. Upload your image, video, pdf, etc., content, plus connect to the 100 plus apps like Microsoft Power BI. We log in securely, take screenshots every few minutes, and upload them to the TV. Some other connectors create an authentic live link for real-time reports. 

4. Create custom playlists as channels and even schedule what you want to display. 

5. To marry the playlist to the device, go inside the CMS app and enter the QR code or 5-digit code on the device ( TV), name it, and pick the right channel. It plays within seconds.  

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @jamponi ,

You will need to open the browser in TV and display your dashboard in Power BI Services.

There is workaround for automatically refresh the browser by adding the ?chromeless=1 parameter to the app's URL, run it on Chrome, install an automatic refresh plugin, such as Super Auto Refresh, and put the browser in full screen mode as well.

LinkedIn

Hi,

I hope we are not late to the party.

Displaying Power Bi on your office digital signage is a great way to share your dashboards and improve workplace efficiency and productivity.

You can display Power Bi dashboards using Fugo Power Bi App. Fugo nativly integrates with Power BI, allowing you to effortlessly display your dashboards on screens.

Fugo TV Dashboards is hardware agnostic, so you can run it using on any digital signage platform including low cost hardware like amazon fire TV stick or r-pi as all your data is managed centrally and securely in the cloud.

Lastly, you can select exactly what section of your dashboard you want to show using our handy screen capture tool. Or even pull data from multiple sources and dashboards by splitting up your screen in our Fugo Design Studio. Or create an embedded channel for your team so they can view your dashboards in Notion, Slack, or on your internal website. Fugo TV Dashboard is reliable, stable, and secure.You can learn more about our feature following the link 

If you have any questions or need help setting up do not hesitate to get in touch us at hello@fugo.ai

Hi, alternatively you can simply get an Android wall touchscreen display from http://smartnmagic.com and run your Power BI application there. You can actually run any Android applications there. I think it is the most simple and straightforward solution. 

Anand24

So I in fact do need a seperate Pro license for the TV?

@jamponi ,
No; You can log-in with your existing PRO Licensed account.

Points I mentioned in earlier email is only for the issue of automatic refresh that you will face once dashboard/report is up in the TV.

LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors