Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mschenkel

Display intranet pages in Power BI Content area

I'm new to BI and planning to migrate a static SQL report website to Power BI. My initial plan was to duplicate the current site's menu structure in a Power BI Workspace, with our current reports opening in the content area, then migrate reports one at a time. I successfully created the menu structure using links to the current reports on the static site, but they won't open in the content area, only in either the current or new tab, which defeats the purpose of getting users acclimated to the Power BI interface. If the links are configured to open in the content area, nothing happens at all. No errors are thrown. I believe the problem is due to the fact that our report site in behind the firewall on our corporate intranet and only not accessible on the open Internet. Does anyone know a way around this issue?
2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

you're holding it wrong 🙂  

You could theoretically use HTML visuals to embed your content into Power BI, but in general you want to embed your Power BI content in your intranet pages (ie the other way round from what you are trying to do).

I know what I'm doing isn't typical; I'm trying to get the user base accustomed to the BI interface prior to migrating all of the reports. Since displaying a standard web page in the content area is possible, I was hoping for a way to display my intranet page there as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors