Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

richard_newbold

Disappearing Visuals

I have built a dashboard that has numerous visuals on it and published it to an app, This has always run fine up until today. After the data was refreshed today three of my visuals from the bottom of the dashboard are now not showing in the published app but they are still showing in the report.

Although I can not see the visuals in the published app I can still export the underlying data from the missing visuals. Does anyone know what could have caused this and how to fix it I have tried to remove the app and republish it but still the same issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all

Currently this issue about custom visual display seems to be fixed. Now it works fine in my side.

Please check it again in Power BI Service.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
Aburar_Yaseen

Hi,

I am facing this issue with PowerApps visual. Suddenly it disappeared in both Desktop & Service. Due to this issue all my work looks blank. Could you pls help on this?

Thanks.

Anth79
Frequent Visitor

I have the issue. I've noticed the ALL downloaded visuals disappear from my PBI Desktop any time I click undo. They reappear after closing and re-opening but its incredibly frustrating and time consuming. 
Version: 2.108.825.0 64-bit (August 2022)

The best solution is to pin the custom visuals (right click on the visual icon and click on "pin"). Then it goes up to the pinned visuales section and do not disappear when you "undo"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not working. Please fix!

bonjourposte
Advocate II
Advocate II

I'm having the same problem- after refreshing data in power query a few times and refreshing my dashboard, my visualizations have dissappeard.  I can't repair them, either.  And I'm not using a custom visual- I'm using bar charts and tree maps.

The solution to my problem was that my tables had been filtered in Power Query.  Once I unfiltered them, they reappeared.

CristobalBI
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem with this look, it disappears and only appears if I reload the page

Wilhelm
Advocate II
Advocate II

It happens when I Undo (Ctrl+z) an action.

Wilhelm
Advocate II
Advocate II

Snag_4dafb2.png

Then there's this again. The custom visuals, not all, suddenly gets a funny name in the Selection view, and then it's gone from the visualisation pane. Upon a close and open, they appear again. Anybody seen this lately?

Yes, but mine don't reappear

EliaspJR
Regular Visitor

Is there already a microsoft solution for this problem, could anyone help?

I couldn't find a solution to this problem, but at least I've figured out that it happens when I undo (Ctrl+Z) and action. Hope that helps.

Hello, I have had the same problem since 3 weeks ago. The cusom visual disappear when you do Ctrl+Z (undo), either in desktop or online.

If you reload the custom visual (go to store and add them again, it will ask to overwrite and you say yes), and then go to another page and back, they appear again.

You need to do it for every visual that has disappeared. It's awful

I have the same problem. It seems you can fix this when you place the custom visuals in the visualizations pane. This can be done by right-clicking on the custom visual and then select Pin to visualizations pane.

mwassens_0-1659605329308.png

The custom visual doesn't disappear anymore when you do Ctrl+Z (undo).

Anonymous
Not applicable

That did it! thanks!

My visuals sometimes disappear with CTRL+Z, but they are still in the visualisations pane, and they re-appear if I switch back-and-forth between pages.

Soooooooo.....happpy.....

Thanks for that @mwassens - very handy tip. I'd suggest this is the real solution to the problem at this stage (and not the one by @v-xiaotang - not sure how we can get that updated?)

THANK YOU so much, it is so annoying for the custom visual to disappear, very helpful tip. In fact I was not aware of the utility of pinning the visuals, I will for sure do it from know

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all

Currently this issue about custom visual display seems to be fixed. Now it works fine in my side.

Please check it again in Power BI Service.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Not working on mine either:

Version: 2.108.997.0 64-bit (August 2022)

I report this issue still occurs as of version 2.108.825.0 64-bit

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors