Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

m_cherriman
Advocate I
Advocate I

Direct query on Fabric not showing all data

Hi,

I've created a data model in a Frabric Lakehouse and I've created a Power BI report on top of this.  In my transactions table the latest date is 6th January 2024, but when I query this in Power BI the latest date is 18th November 2023.

SQL Endpoint

m_cherriman_0-1704801108403.png

Power BI

m_cherriman_1-1704801166832.png

Can anyone explain why the data in Power BI is not refreshing or querying the whole table?  I have a similar issue with another table, but is much smaller so I don't believe it is a sizing issue.  The second table also ends on the 18th November.

I am useing the Fabric trial to build out a POC, but can't access all of the data I require.

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @m_cherriman 

Did you create the Power BI report using direct lake or are you using the import mode? If you're using the import mode, you would need to schedule a refresh of the data to bring the new data into the Power BI data set.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors