Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dwh
Helper II
Helper II

Determine the premium capacity

Hello everyone,
I would like to bring my App into production.
For now there are only 2 reports in the App but others will certainly be created. I would like to be able to embed the report by customer.
For now, these reports are only viewed by 5 users.
How can I determine the premium capacity I need?
How to know whether to pay on a monthly or hourly basis?
Are there any guides?
Thank you all

2 REPLIES 2
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @dwh 

It depends on whether you want or need to scale up to a larger number of users.

With only 5 users it would be far more cost efective to purchase 5 Power BI Pro licences (on a monthly plan) and give those users access to the app, than buying Power BI Premium Capacity or any other A or P SKU licences.

If however you will get many more users it may be worthwhile looking at Power BI embedded or a Premium capacity.

see : Power BI licensing for users in your organization - Power BI | Microsoft Docs 

and : Power BI implementation planning - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

hope this helps

Stuart

Hi @Burningsuit ,

Thanks for your help, we think the users will increase.
My problem is that I embed the reports on an application using api rest.
I have always used token generation via embed for customer but now it tells me to buy a premium version and I would like to understand which capacity to submit to my company and understand how the capacity works. What does hourly billing mean? Does it start when I open the report? Or do I have to decide on the time slots? How many reports can I put in the lowest SKU? I can not understand
Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors