Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

InternetAndy
Frequent Visitor

Default tooltips blank only on service

I recently published an update to a report and hadn't made any cosmetic/color changes to anything. It was just updates to the measures. But the tooltips on the report in the service are now showing as just all white, even though they look fine in Desktop. I've tried republishing a couple times, refreshing to author's defaut view, closing/reopening the browser, trying in a new browser I was never logged into before. But the tooltips are still janky in PBI service. Is this a bug or is there a setting in the service that is messing with this? I do have a custom tooltip on one of the visuals based on a page, and that one is showing fine on the service.

Desktop

goodtt.png

Service

badtt.png

5 REPLIES 5
jargana
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue, after publishing my reports all the tooltips are white whereas in the desktop they have the normal dark background which looks much better. Editing every report in the service and changing each and every tooltip is not an option. 

InternetAndy
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-jianpeng-msft for the reply. Although I think you misunderstood my issue. My one custom tooltip on the report is actually working fine. It's the default tooltip on all my other charts that is just showing as a white box. I tried a different browser entirely, and confirmed with a coworker they were seeing the same issue on their PC. These also were working fine previously on this published report.

Hi, @InternetAndy 

Thank you very much for your reply. Are you able to make a sample PBIX file that doesn't contain privacy? This example will show if your current tool tips are blank. In my tests, I didn't experience a situation where default tooltips showed blank.

I've created a custom tooltips as well as a default tooltips as shown in the image below:

vjianpengmsft_0-1715307858366.png

vjianpengmsft_1-1715307900519.png

Here's what works in Power BI Service:

vjianpengmsft_2-1715307951987.png

vjianpengmsft_3-1715307963628.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I technically solved my issue. For some reason every tooltip had switched the background to white instead of black like in my desktop report. So my fix was to edit the report in the service and change every tooltip back to black background. Still don't understand how this happened but it's not really an issue anymore I suppose.

v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @InternetAndy 

Based on your description, I created a report in Desktop and used the custom tooltips as shown in the image below:

vjianpengmsft_0-1715219995477.png

vjianpengmsft_3-1715220118494.png

vjianpengmsft_1-1715220012496.png

When I publish this report to Power BI Service, I can see that the custom tooltips load normally:

vjianpengmsft_2-1715220097449.png

Here are some things you can try:

First, you can try clearing your browser cache and reopening Power BI Service to see if tooltips are working properly.

Secondly, you can follow the following document to check whether your tool tips are configured correctly:

Create report tooltip pages in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

I've uploaded the test PBIX file below for this use.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors