Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Datset Refresh Via RUN FLow

I set up a report and dashboard in Power BI and published it to a web link but the 'run flow' function for refreshing the dataset isn't working. Does anybody know why this issue is occurring?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

When you add a Power Automate button visual, Please consider the following considerations and limitations:

• Additional manual inputs to the button aren't supported at this time. We plan to add support for this by the general availability release.
  • Currently, we only have a few built-in templates; we plan to add more based on user feedback.
  • The visual will only display flows within your default environment. We plan to add support for an environment selector by the general availability release.
  • The visual isn't supported for embedded analytics.
  • The visual isn't supported in sovereign clouds.
  • The visual doesn't work in Publish to Web (public) scenarios, because unauthenticated scenarios aren't supported by Power Automate.
  • The visual isn't certified while in preview. We plan to have complete certification by the general availability release.

For more details, you can read related document: Create a Power Automate visual for Power BI (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

When you add a Power Automate button visual, Please consider the following considerations and limitations:

• Additional manual inputs to the button aren't supported at this time. We plan to add support for this by the general availability release.
  • Currently, we only have a few built-in templates; we plan to add more based on user feedback.
  • The visual will only display flows within your default environment. We plan to add support for an environment selector by the general availability release.
  • The visual isn't supported for embedded analytics.
  • The visual isn't supported in sovereign clouds.
  • The visual doesn't work in Publish to Web (public) scenarios, because unauthenticated scenarios aren't supported by Power Automate.
  • The visual isn't certified while in preview. We plan to have complete certification by the general availability release.

For more details, you can read related document: Create a Power Automate visual for Power BI (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ

I am using Power Automate for the Power BI add-on and I want to use the refresh button when embedding the report to publish to the web (public).

Hi @Anonymous 

I think that this might be a limitation in Publish to Web.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you let us know where you are trying to run the flow from?

This can help us assist you fix the issue!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ

I am using Power Automate for the Power BI add-on and I want to use the refresh button when embedding the report to publish to the web (public).

blackbranded_0-1673858085283.png

These are the settings I apply in Flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors