Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

gy_1982
Frequent Visitor

Date slicer cannot update in App

Dear all, 

Could you please help to check why the date slicer cannot be updated? 

The end date point always stops on Mar. 7th when I upload this report to PowerBI service. But, I open the report by an APP by browser today,it still displays as Mar.7th. I need to scroll the end date point to today's date manually. 

Thanks in advance. 

gy_1982_0-1678343554403.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gy_1982 ,

Please check you have updated the app successfully.

After you publish your app, you may want to change or update it.

1. Open the workspace that corresponds to the app. If you're a workspace Admin or Member, you can also open the workspace right from the app, by selecting the Edit app pencil.
  2. Make any changes you want to the content of your app.

The workspace is your staging area, so your changes aren't live in the app until you publish again. This lets you make changes without affecting the published apps.

Important

If you remove a report and update the app, even if you add the report back to the app, your app consumers lose all customizations they've made, such as bookmarks, comments, and so on.

1. Select Update app in the Workspace content view.
  2. Update SetupContent, and Audience, if you need to, then select Update app.

The people you've published the app to automatically see the updated version of the app.

More details:Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

I have also found a similar post, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Solved: Power App data not updating in Power BI App - Microsoft Power BI Community

Please check if the date slicer is changed in the report.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
hnereson
Advocate I
Advocate I

@gy_1982 did this solve your issue?

@v-rongtiep-msft I'm having the same issue, and many other people. But not sure if you guys understand the problem since multiple possible solutions have been suggested. The date slicer, in the past, updates to the max date. Specifically if using a calendar table which ends on Today() or even EOMONTH(TODAY(),0). So anytime the report refreshed, it would update the calendar to the max date AND update the date slicers to the max dates. 

But for the last few months (I originally posted about it on 02-10-2023 with no solution thus far), the date slicer will only update to the last date it was published. The calendar table continues to work fine and includes all dates up to the max determined in the function. So we have to manually change the date slicer every time we use the report. This is not a great user experience. I've tried a bunch of hacks to get it to work. 

But there must have been an update in the beginning of February 2023 that broke this functionality. 

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gy_1982 ,

Please check you have updated the app successfully.

After you publish your app, you may want to change or update it.

1. Open the workspace that corresponds to the app. If you're a workspace Admin or Member, you can also open the workspace right from the app, by selecting the Edit app pencil.
  2. Make any changes you want to the content of your app.

The workspace is your staging area, so your changes aren't live in the app until you publish again. This lets you make changes without affecting the published apps.

Important

If you remove a report and update the app, even if you add the report back to the app, your app consumers lose all customizations they've made, such as bookmarks, comments, and so on.

1. Select Update app in the Workspace content view.
  2. Update SetupContent, and Audience, if you need to, then select Update app.

The people you've published the app to automatically see the updated version of the app.

More details:Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

I have also found a similar post, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Solved: Power App data not updating in Power BI App - Microsoft Power BI Community

Please check if the date slicer is changed in the report.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors