Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kdrees21
Helper I
Helper I

Date issue after incremental refresh

I have an issue where after refreshing data in the service the date column does not recognize my date table date. everything is fine before the refresh but after it creates one line for every instance or row thats in my fact table and no longer group dates together. Any ideas on how to fix this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @kdrees21 ,

It may be because the default date format on the browser is not the date format of the native host and is not recognized, you can try the following:

Go to Setting in power bi service.

vyangliumsft_0-1661824228028.png

Select Language and check if your language setting is on "Default (browser language)"

vyangliumsft_1-1661824228041.png

Let's go to the browser to manage the date format, such as Chrome:

Enter Setting in the browser:

vyangliumsft_2-1661824228045.png

Click its language – Move to the top

vyangliumsft_3-1661824228049.png

Refresh your browser, then go back to the Power BI service opened in Chrome and refresh the page

Refer to:

https://nform.com.au/how-to-change-the-date-format-in-the-power-bi-service/

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Date-format-changing-desktop-to-web/td-p/117204

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @kdrees21 ,

It may be because the default date format on the browser is not the date format of the native host and is not recognized, you can try the following:

Go to Setting in power bi service.

vyangliumsft_0-1661824228028.png

Select Language and check if your language setting is on "Default (browser language)"

vyangliumsft_1-1661824228041.png

Let's go to the browser to manage the date format, such as Chrome:

Enter Setting in the browser:

vyangliumsft_2-1661824228045.png

Click its language – Move to the top

vyangliumsft_3-1661824228049.png

Refresh your browser, then go back to the Power BI service opened in Chrome and refresh the page

Refer to:

https://nform.com.au/how-to-change-the-date-format-in-the-power-bi-service/

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Date-format-changing-desktop-to-web/td-p/117204

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @kdrees21 ,

Whether the data that appears in that row is the original header, resulting in the entire date column being formatted incorrectly, or the format of the newly added row is in question.

vyangliumsft_0-1661739198444.png

You can find it in Power Query – Home -- Use First Row as Headers.

The data of the first row is displayed as a header and the rest of the data continues to be displayed in date format.

vyangliumsft_1-1661739198448.png

Or check your regional settings in Power BI.  File -> Options and Settings - >Options -> Regional Settings.

Refer to:

Solved: Date Columns recognized as Text not "Date" - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

Thank you for the response, but this is not the issue. In power bi desktop the formatting is correct and there are no issues. the issue is when I refresh in power bi service my date format does not seem to be recognized. 

So before I refresh the published report looks like this with a simlpe count formula:

kdrees21_0-1661779654772.png

and after I refresh in the service it turns into this:

kdrees21_1-1661779755066.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors