Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jmagdziarz
Frequent Visitor

Date Slicer Min Unavailable

I have a recently published report with a date slicer where the Min range box becomes unavailable for some users. It is available and works fine when I access the report, but some users report the inability to select the minimum end of the range. Report is published with the latest updates, appears to be occuring independent of browser, activly researching more. Anyone experience anything similar or have an idea of what may be causing this type of date slicer issue? ThanksExpectedExpectedIssueIssue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I discovered a solution yesterday. When the report was initially built, the date slicer was set to 'before'. After a short period, it was re-published to 'between'. For this user, even after refreshing browsers and clearing cache, after more than a week later it did not pick up the change. To resolve, I went back to the PBIX file, deleted the slicer, re-added it, then re-published. This ultimately resolved the issue. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @jmagdziarz ,

I have a recently published report with a date slicer where the Min range box becomes unavailable for some users. It is available and works fine when I access the report, but some users report the inability to select the minimum end of the range. Report is published with the latest updates, appears to be occuring independent of browser, activly researching more.

Do you create the date between slicer? 

By my tests with the latest version of Power BI Desktop, everything works as expected.

It seems that you could see the date slicer correctly in Power BI Service, but some user could not select the minimum end of the range. Do you use the same browser? 

Please clear the cache or the cookie of the browser and try again.

If some users have this issue for the specific browser, please let me know so that I can have a test in my site.

In addition, it is convenient, please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The slicer is using the 'between' option. The issue occurs on multiple tested browsers (Edge, Chrome). This is only occuring for one reported user. We cleared the user's cache and reopened the browser and the same issue persisted.

Hi @jmagdziarz ,

That's really strange.

Please let the specific user who has this issue make the test below if it is convenient.

1. Please let the user have a test on the same version of the browsers as the users who could see the date slicer successfully.

2. Could the specific user see the date between slicer successfully if he publish his own report in Power BI Service?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I discovered a solution yesterday. When the report was initially built, the date slicer was set to 'before'. After a short period, it was re-published to 'between'. For this user, even after refreshing browsers and clearing cache, after more than a week later it did not pick up the change. To resolve, I went back to the PBIX file, deleted the slicer, re-added it, then re-published. This ultimately resolved the issue. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors