Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mattplassmann
Frequent Visitor

Datasource Error Refreshing

I'm having trouble getting a dashboard to refresh using our new server gateway.  It refreshes fine when I refresh it through the server gateway on my personal PC, but not when it's going through the server gateway.

It gives me an IO 1326 error trying to access the file path.  The credentials I'm using have full access to the target folders that hold groups of Excel files.  It also occasionally changes which folder it mentions that causing the error.  Would appreciate any help!

Power BI IO error.png

7 REPLIES 7
mattplassmann
Frequent Visitor

Also here is another error.  PBI Data source error 4.png

It says Datasource not reachable, but all of these data sources are marked with a green check mark. 

mattplassmann
Frequent Visitor

This is another error that I'm getting.  These are the data sources on the same dashbaord that is giving me the error refreshing.  But before you point at me looking at credentials or access, I can hit refresh again and it will connect.  It's also sporadic which ones give me the "Offline" error.  It's not that there's a specific few that are acting it.  It's random. 

This is the first time hitting refresh. 

PBI Data source error 1.png

This is the error message. 

PBI Data source error 2.png

This is the result after hitting refresh again.  They go online. 

PBI Data source error 3.png

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mattplassmann ,

From the error message, it seems the file can't be accessed. As you mentioned you have permission to access the file, the issue can be caused by that the file is occupied by other programs or other users. Please use Handle to find all process accessed this file, then kill them to refresh query in desktop to see if issue persists.

Please try updating the gateway to the latest version and republishing the PBIX configuration refresh.

You can refer to the following posts that may be helpful to you:

Solved: Gateway access to shared folder - Microsoft Power BI Community

Enterprise Gateway mapped network drive with other... - Microsoft Power BI Community

IO error when Accessing Path - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

I don't think it's directly related to a specific file.  It sporadically changes which date source is reported as having the error.  

I also updated the gateway and then tried to refresh, and it's still giving the same error. 

Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Is the folder with the excel files on a laptop?

No, it's stored on a file server. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors