Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AB_Pednekar
Regular Visitor

Datasets shows 'Different' in Deployment Pipeline after successful deployment

Hello Community,

Need your help in a issue regarding Deplyment Pipeline in Power Bi.

We are using deployment pipeline for more than a month and evrything was smooth and working as expected.

Since last 2 days, Deployments are successful from DEV to TEST but datasets showing 'Different' though we have deployed dataset from DEV to TEST.

Report is not showing anything but this problem is only for Dataset level.
We need some ideas on how to best troubleshoot what is causing the dataset to be different, after a successful deployment from DEV to TEST. 

After issue in first Dataset, the issue is continuing in rest of the others which were deployed after that.

AB_Pednekar_0-1670560765449.png

For testing, we have deleted the whole report from DEV & TEST workplaces and again published the same report into DEV and tried to deploy it into TEST through the same deplyment pipeline.

so now this was the fresh deployment going but the same issue continues. Deployment was successful but Datasets difference is showing.

Basically, We've already remove all datasets from DEV and TEST workspaces and try to deloy everything once again, but it still not working. 

Please note: we have RLS implemented in our power bi reports.

Please help me to sort out this issue as this is on Prioty for us.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AB_Pednekar ,

This issue has been fixed.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AB_Pednekar ,

This issue has been fixed.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi @v-tangjie-msft  

Are there any updates on this issue?  

I'm seeing the same behavior and have since the beginning of 12/2022. Any updates on when this issue will be resolved?

Thank you. As of today, 1/19/2023, this issue appears to have been resolved.

Hi @MartinMason - I'm experiencing this issue as of today 3/14/2023.  I see it was resolved back in January 2023, but curious if you're now experiencing the issue again?

Yes I am facing the same issues as of 31st Jan 2024.

Any fix @v-tangjie-msft 

Working fine for me. I'll repost if the situation changes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors